Building Better Libraries
Through Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values in librarianship… in theory, at least. But what are libraries doing, or what could libraries be doing, to better support these goals?
We are currently accepting proposals for 7-minute lightning talks. We want you to share how your library supports diversity, equity and inclusion in your collections, services, spaces, and staffing. Topics might include:
- Library initiatives to increase and support diversity, equity and inclusion
- Diversity, equity and inclusion in hiring, retention, and promotion practices
- Inclusive library spaces
- Collection development that reflects the diversity of people and ideas in our communities
- Inclusive and accessible library services and programming
- Challenges in achieving diversity, equity and inclusion in our libraries
Submissions close at 5 p.m. February 28, 2018. Successful submissions will be notified by March 10, 2018.
If you have any questions please contact the 2018 Spring Conference Planning Committee: Monique Flaccavento (firstname.lastname@example.org), Helen Tang (email@example.com), or Catherine Fournier Boulianne (catherine.fournier@Ottawa.ca).
Use the form below to submit your proposal: